Trưng Vương (58-65) Diễn Đàn Forum Index Trưng Vương (58-65) Diễn Đàn

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bài tự thuật của mẹ tôi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trưng Vương (58-65) Diễn Đàn Forum Index -> Bài Viết
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bichhato47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Bài tự thuật của mẹ tôi Reply with quote

MEANING OF A NEW LIFE
Introduction
MH is a new immigrant to the United States. Leaving her beloved country and relatives eight years ago for her children's better future, she faced a tremendously cultural shock. Realized that coming back to Vietnam was impossible, she managed to adjust herself to the new situation and society. She really enjoys her life in the America now, after struggling for years with differences in cultures and English.

Background

Before April 30, 1975, like the majority of Southeast Asian immigrants, I never thought of leaving my motherland for America, or any other country. But after the fall of Saigon, in 1975, important changes took place all over the South Vietnam and affected my family situations. These changes pushed me to leave Vietnam with my children to escape from the communist regime that had made us miserable. Also, America is the land of opportunities for freedom, for a better life for my children and for reunion to my three children who came to the United States before 1975.
I was born in 1924, in the Thai Binh province, North of VN. I am a nine-child mother and the first child of a five-child family. School did not allow girls at that time but my maternal grandpa was a teacher, and he could take her to his teaching class for reading and writing. My parents who were liberal people considered that education is seriously important. Fortunately, school tuition fee, relatively pretty high to workers’ salary, was waived to teachers’ children. My father also was a teacher; therefore my two younger sisters and I could attend the unique high school, the Girl High School Dong Khanh in Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. Each year, there were just fifty to sixty female graduates from this high school. After obtaining my high school diploma, I passed the competition exams in the Hanoi Nursing College and in the Hanoi “Teaching College”, the “Cours Normal” in French. I was approved to both two colleges. Finally, my learning was toward the teaching careers. There were just five female student teachers in my class. In college, I met my husband and we found out that we had lots in common. After my graduation from the Teaching College, we got married. I taught in the Girl Elementary School of the Province Thai Binh, our native town. He was transferred to the Thai Binh Tribunal too. At the time, our country was fighting against French troops, under the leadership of the communist leader Ho chi Minh. Our first daughter was born in 1947 and our second daughter was born in 1949. It was a very hard period. The French-Vietnamese war spread out atrociously all over through the whole town. The communist government ordered Thai Binh people to destroy all houses before owners were evacuated to rural areas. We moved to Thuong Tam, my husband’s native village. Life was harder there. Jobs were discontinued. Living conditions worsened: no electricity, unhygienic water, inconvenient commuting, … Our two little daughters' care faced several difficulties, including the lack of milk; they were fed with sugared rice porridge or steamed rice. In addition, people endure the consequences of a prolonged battle between two forces. I still have fresh memories about those tearful experiences. On days, we struggled to avoid the French troops "mopping-up operations” which caused disastrous effects on our lives. Houses were set on fire, men were tortured and killed, women were raped, poultry and cattle were taken, and crops were damaged… At nights, the communist leaders forced us to the battle against the French troops. Every one had a duty to handle. Women worked on food processing, children also had their part to contribute. Men were responsible of hard services (digging trenches, blind-ditches, under-ground hit-out in order to block the French troops’ advantage, conveying weapons, or munitions…). Rice fields were uncultivated; young children and old people lacked of proper care. Besides, our family faced our own problems. The majority of Thuong Tam villagers were farmers or rice-growers with little or no education. They were kind, honest people, but somehow naïve or narrow-minded, therefore, easily tempted by the communist political cadres. We were stereotyped and suffered from discrimination because we were relatively educated and inherited some dozen acres of rice field rom my husband’s parents. We rented out those rice field to some peasants to cultivate therefore were listed in the exploiting landowners rank, the ones that the communists hate the most. The communist cadres stated, “Lands are public property” meaning individuals are not allowed to own lands. Rice-growers were promised granted ownership of our land after the communist confiscated our property. Induced by the cadres, our land renters changed their attitude toward us. Some of them actively participated in the “People Tribunal”. The people tribunal consisted of all people of the local town as jurors. There were a group of plaintiffs (usually selected form the poorest, non-landowners) who cited the landowner’s (as defendants) misbehaviors (often made-up) towards them, then charged them with exploiting, maltreating poor people. The people juror of the People Tribunal (all local town residents) would release sentences inflicted upon the defendants –usually pre-suggested by communist authorities. It was terribly scaring! One could not know what would be the defendants’ fate in this kind of tribunal. There are not few defendants wrongly accused, tortured to death. Forced to participate in the meeting for every “People Tribunal” session, we lived with the constant fear that our turn would come to being in defendants’ position. There were several persons who understood us and did not agree with the communist cadres, but by fear for themselves, they dared not frankly support us. We had no choice, but managing to escape from this perilous situation. One day in the end of December 1949, pretending to evacuate to Vi Duong, a coastal village close to Thuong Tam to avoid a French “mopping-up operation”, we did not come back. We went to Hai Phong city by boat, then to Hanoi by bus. At the time, these places were in the nationalist area, under the leadership of emperor Bao Dai, supported by French troops.
In Hanoi, we were reinstated in our former jobs. I taught in an elementary School and my husband worked for the Hanoi tribunal. Our existence was relatively in peace and comfortable until the French military disaster at Dien Bien Phu in May 1954, followed by the Agreement of Geneva signed on the Cessation of Hostilities in Vietnam on July 1954. This cease-fire agreement marked the end of the 8-year war and the French colonial rule in Indochina. It provides for provisionally dividing Vietnam into two military zones at the 17th parallel: the North of the dividing line belonged to the Communist government led by Ho chi Minh and the South was governed by the Nationalist government. A 300-day period for moving of people between the two zones was granted. Our family was among a million of refugees from the North moving to the South. We lived in Saigon, the South Vietnam capital. I taught at Do Huu Phuong Elementary School. My husband worked as general secretary for the Minister of Justice. He retired in 1966, and established a furniture shop. Following our plan, I kept teaching to watch over our children’s education. I also could help him with purchasing materials and employees’ wages payment. Our business prospered, enabling us to raise properly our nine-child family. Thanks to it, from 1971 to 1974, we could send two daughters to the United States where they attended the University of Tennessee to continue their high education. We planned to send our third daughter to join her sisters, after her high school graduation, which would be in September 1975. Sending our daughters aboard, our intention was that they could have a better education after four years, then they will come back to serve their motherland. We did not want them to stay in America forever. But, at the beginning of 1975, the North Vietnam military began a major offensive in the South. Finally, the South Vietnam military collapsed, resulted in the fall of Saigon and the Republic government of Vietnam itself. In April 1975, the North Vietnam soldiers marched into Saigon, and took the surrender.
Panicking of living with communists, thousands of South Vietnameses fled the country and refugee in the US and other countries. Others suffered reprisals in the communist concentration camps, or lived in poverty under the control of the communist government. Despite previous experiences from communist regimen, we decided to stay in VN for several reasons: our contact with our daughters in America was suddenly discontinued; we did not know how we could survive in the new land when a major of our capital was stuck…. Therefore, we had no choice, but staying, even in anxiety. In addition, it was not easy and it was painful to go away from our motherland where we were born, raised and grown up, for more than six decades. It would be painful to leave behind our ancestors’ graves, our siblings, our relatives and our comfortable estate and furniture shop, fruit of our long hard working years. Later, we realized that we had made a wrong decision.
Immediately, the North Vietnam communists imposed their dictatorial regime on the newly acquired territory. Very soon, the South Vietnam people found themselves loosing all kinds of basic freedom. No more freedom of speech or traveling. Numerous basic human rights violations inflicted upon the South Vietnam population. No more privacy for individual life. In order to enforce their power, the communist government monopolized all main economic branches that related to public needs such as rice, food, housing, furniture, medicine, gas, and so on…
Thousands of independent business: manufactories, laboratories, stores, schools, hospitals, pharmacies were confiscated, while their owners were accused and changed of capitalism or exploitation and send to the “New Economic Zones” in remote areas.
High rank officials and officers of former South Vietnam government were collected and sent to re-education camps with very hard conditions: harsh labor on plantations, rice-field, forest; strict, cruel, humiliating discipline; malnutrition, unsanitary, lack of medicine; suffering from isolation from families… The prisoners relied on their families for basic survival. Many had died slowly, silently, and lonely over there, without seeing their loved ones for the last time. Their families were expelled form their houses, forced to leave their property to the local government -without any indemnity- to go to the New Economic Zones growing rice, or clearing waste lands or forests for plantations. Their children were not accepted to enter into colleges or universities. They could not get a governmental job.

Discrimination

Every individual must fill out the “curriculum virtue” – a kind of form like a resume of one’s life, with details from his/her grand parents. Basing on it, people are classified into different social ranks. Those who were classified as exploiting or compressor capitalist should go to the New Economic Zones; their properties would be confiscated.
Because my husband owned a furniture shop, and I was a school vice-principal, my family was classified in the rank of capitalist and former government official. We were not forced to go to the New Economic Zones. But, the local government officials converted our property; so, they managed to take possession of it. To prevent my husband’s opposition, they made up stories, accusing him of having relations with anti-communist groups, then arrested him. Without trial, they sent him to the re-education Xuyen Moc, a labor campus eight-hour journey by car from Saigon, in a jungle. There, he suffered from harsh labor, malnutrition, lack of medicine, bad living conditions and loneness, being far away from his family. His high blood pressure turned graver; his health deteriorated quickly. Every three months, I was allowed to see him, and provide him with clothing, food, rice, and medicine, but not enough for his needs due to the limitation ruled by the campus officials. Each visit was allowed for just 15 minutes, under the watchful and suspicious eyes of the guards standing closely around. We could not talk to each other freely. Then on the March 1rst, 1983, he died because of brain hemorrhage, after almost four years being imprisoned. Since he was a political prisoner, our children were discriminated. With their bad credit in “curriculum virtue”, they could not get jobs appropriately related to their major degree after university or college graduation. They had to accept low wages jobs to earn our family living.
These unfair, inhuman policies of the communist government added to their poor capability in economy and corruption had made our country’s economies go down dramatically during the first ten years. The majority of the population lived with poverty, hunger, disabilities and unemployment. Many children, even the 5-6 year-olds spent their youth to help their parents with earning money, instead of going to school.
Such hardships led huge waves of Vietnameses to look for ways to leave their homeland, for freedom and better life. Most people went across the sea by boats. A smaller number crossed the Cambodia border to go to Thailand. These ways are the most perilous and risky. Thousands of people drowned into the sea or raped and killed by the sea pirates. Later, ODP and HO programs enabled the recent groups of Vietnamese to immigrate to the United States. My family came here by ODP program for reunion to my three children who came to the US before April 30, 1975. My second daughter who was here since 1971 sponsored me with my 6 other children. Leaving VN by ODP was not simple. There were countless formalities had to be settle before we could leave VN. It took us 13 years (1978-1991) to complete the immigration processes. We left VN on April 29, 1991 and arrived at the International Airport of San Francisco on May 7, 1991, with empty hands, leaving everything that we had to the communist.

Difficulties

Soon after our arrival in the United States, we found ourselves facing many confusing problems. The first and the most important problem was the language barrier. Our French accent, our wrong pronunciation, our poor English vocabularies prevented us from expressing ourselves, thus limited our communication needs. Often people did not understand us. Many times, we felt embarrassed and humiliated in public with people’s attitudes or staring eyes at us, half with curiosity, half with disdain or indifference. We felt ourselves living on an isolated island within this new society. It was a painful experience. We often had the complexity that we were not welcomed here, that we were looked down. These feelings clung to us everywhere, and lessened our self-esteem.
This language barrier also stood as an obstacle on the way of my children’s attempt to find a temporary job in order to self-support and in pursuing their goal of getting a higher education, learning a new career and having a diploma which is equivalent to the old one that they formerly had in Vietnam. Employers who interviewed them were not willing to hire them because they did not speak fluent English. They also faced difficulties in career training program. Once, my sixth daughter who was attending a training course of typing at a vocational center came home, crying and frustrated. She was scolded, “You don’t understand English! Don’t take this course!” when she asked her instructor for further instructions.
Besides the language barrier, often we felt confused by the use of advanced utilities and by the practice of the new cultural styles. It was very overwhelming during our firs period of adjustment. Adapting new ways of thinking and living has been for us a long and painful process. My fifth daughter, a smart but timid and sensitive person, went through a serious cultural shock. She was hospitalized for those days, then had to discontinue her studies at college and her job as a teacher’s aide. Now, she had recovered from the culture shock, succeeded in her studies and had a relatively good job. But, sometimes, she still feels paranoid, nervous when facing tough experiences. Between our own culture and the new culture, there are so many differences, which made us get lost. For example, in USA, privacy is highly respected; whereas in our country, privacy equals selfishness: sharing secrecy and readily giving advice, even unsolicited, symbolize love, attention and care for each other. Another example is calling first before visiting friends and relatives is mandatory in American relationships. For us, this practice is too business-like. We welcome any friend or relative at any time without advance notice. At countless times, I was in conflict even with my children who came here before because of their differences in thinking and living ways.
Basic elements of life in the US were also confusing for us. Some US common laws are unfamiliar to us, such as those dealing with taxes, career licensing, and car insurance. Filling out forms and applications had been a nightmare for us.
Somehow, we were disappointed in the first months, confronting these difficulties. But, progressively, we had changed our point of view. We recognized that success wouldn’t come without struggles. We knew that America is indeed a land of opportunities, but to profit from these opportunities, we have to make tremendous efforts to reach our goals. We understood that no one could bring success to us. Learning English was our primary goal. We determined to work hard on it as soon and as much as possible. We believe that speaking English is the door opened to the new society, since everything would be shut off on us if we do not know the language. Good English enables us to do lots of things: finding a job, studying to get a higher education, learning a better career, interacting with people in the new environment, and adjusting sooner in the new society. Adapting new ways of thinking and living is our next task. It was not easy or simple but we tried our best to survive.
For me, the adjustment process was harder than for my children. Probably, old immigrants have faced the toughest experiences in adjusting to a new life. I miss my homeland, miss my brother, my sister, my nephew, and nieces and my relatives that I left behind.
Since my children were busy with their own life, studying at colleges or universities and working to self- support, they had little time spending with me. I was often alone at home. I felt lonely, sometimes frustrated, thinking that I was neglected. I miss my old days in VN, when I could spend my leisure times to chat with my neighbors or to go to the pagoda with my Buddhist fellows.
By nature, I have been an active and independent person. In VN, I had a garden in there I planted with flowers, vegetables, herbs, banana, coconut and papaya trees. These activities improved my health, provided us more food, and made me feel useful and have a significant existence. Coming here, I had little to do, except cooking. I had too much spare time, I felt bored, no challenged. Sometimes, I felt myself useless and guilty, witnessing my children’s struggles.
Besides, when I was in VN, I could go everywhere on my own. I used to going shopping, and seeing my friends or relatives. Here, because I cannot drive, I had to rely on my children or use buses to go places, which took me too much time. I could rarely enjoy my friends or relatives’ company. I like traveling, but I was afraid to travel by myself because of my poor English communication. I got nervous whenever flying by myself visiting my children who were living in Texas and Chicago. I had been a fervent Buddhist believer. In the past, every week I went to Buddhist pagodas to worship Buddha, to listen to the Reverends’ speech or to practice meditation. Here, in Stockton, there is only a pagoda, which is far from my house. I could not go over there without my children help. Too busy with their work and studies, they rarely could give me a ride to the pagoda; then I must change three buses to get there. Recalling one of my friend’s saying, “ Many Vietnamese old people in America are blind despite having two eyes, deaf despite having two ears and lame despite having two legs”, I felt they were right.

Loneliness and Conflicts

Learning to live in a new society and to adjust to a new culture can create problems in the relationships between parents and children. Several immigrant families experienced these problems, including my own family. Due to the lack of time to spend together, the closeness between family members seemed lessened. During the first period of our life in the US, my children struggled to adapt to the changes in the new society. They were busy all day long, working part-time to earn their living and attending college for their degree. Every day, they left home at 7:30am and came back home at 10:00pm. Then, after a hurried dinner, they worked on their homework until midnight, sometimes later. We no longer had time to talk to each other as we did in the past. In the old time, we gathered to have dinner together every evening. In our cozy kitchen, around our big dinning table, we enjoyed our home cooked meals; we talked about our day and work; we shared our troubles as well as our pleasures, and we gave advises and support to each other. On the first day of the Lunar New Year, our most important traditional holiday, the days of our dead ancestors and my husband’s death anniversary, we always gathered to celebrate these important occasions. No one had been absent on these days. I missed those good times a lot.
I was almost always alone in our rented, stuffy house, always closed for air-conditioning, cooking and eating by myself, having anyone to communicate; I became a different woman, sad, depressed and tired of living. Sometimes, I blamed my children for indifference to me, that they did not care about me. They usually showed patience and responded to my unreasonable accusations with forbearance. But, sometimes, when they had their own problems, they reacted and talked back. It was painful both for them and me after these conflicts.
On our first Lunar New Year days in the US, I cried bitterly. They were weekdays. While my children were at work or school, I was home alone. After I have cooked, offered food to and worshiped my ancestors and my late husband’s, I decided to have lunch by myself. But, I could not; loneliness troubled my spirit and spoiled my appetite.

Determination

With those negative feelings, I suffered emotionally. As for many other Asian immigrants, emerging from a rather primitive society to a modern one has put me in a critical situation. How can I deal, cope and live with the difference of the two societies. Overnights, I thought over and over, looking for an issue to get out of this unpleasant situation. Finally, I realized that I had no choice, but trying to adapt to the changes in order to live comfortably. I cannot come back to VN because I did not like communism. I never forget our painful experiences with the communist government. We lost a lot because of its dictatorial regime: my children ‘s good education and good positions, our property, our freedom and my husband who died in a communist labor camp without seeing his family the last time.
I knew that adapting to a new society was not easy for me, a 67-year old woman at the time, but I determined to try my best. In addition, my children were happy to support me. The first thing I thought about was learning English. I realized that without the ability to communicate with English, it would be really hard to take the first step into the mainstream of this new society. These obstacles have made many new comers close their shells and isolate themselves away from the society.
At first, I learned English at Charter House Center, a nonprofit church organization that supports newcomers by teaching ESL and social skills and training job. Through reading, speaking, writing and listening practices, we also learned about skills needed for our new daily life and about American History. The instructors were non-paid volunteers. They were nice, understanding, caring and conscientious teachers. They were the first people from a different culture that I encountered in this new land. Their kind attitudes made me interested in learning English until now. Thanks to my former education background, I could improve my English skills without much difficulty. After two years, I attended Delta College, the community college of Stockton city, and earned an Associate in Arts degree, and I’m working toward an Associate in Early Childhood Development Education.
I think that I made the right decision. Through learning English, I can develop my knowledge about this new society and progressively, I can adjust to it. I no longer feel bored and lonely when I am alone at home now. I enjoy my spare time by watching TV, listen to the news to know what is going on in the country or in the world and to practice English pronunciation. I also enjoy reading newspapers, magazines and books. By reading, I can get useful information’s to take care of our little garden where I plant flowers and herbs, to decorate nicely our house, to cook various foods and take care of my own health. I can travel by myself without fear or nervousness. My social and communication needs are met now. I can understand native people and they can understand me. I am not afraid to talk to them any more. During different courses at college, I made lots of friends who are from diverse countries. My feelings of being isolated were gone. Also, I no longer feel myself useless. I can help my grandchildren with their homework; I can help my newcomer compatriots with my experiences in learning English and in adapting to the changes of a new life in US. Through some college classes, I had a chance to volunteer in charitable activities with organizations, which help poor or unfortunate people. From there, I learned to be useful to the community, to pay the debt I owe this new country for freeing our family from misery, oppression under communists and for giving us freedom and a better life.
Indeed, my children have been doing well. Their determination to reach their educational and professional goals and to adjust to the new society mainstream was worthwhile. Five of my nine children finished their university education. Three others will achieve their high educational goals next year. Definitely, they could not achieve their goals if we stayed in VN.
Despite my satisfied actual life, I still miss my motherland, my relatives, and my friends that I was forced to leave behind, in search for freedom and my children’s well being. I hope that some day my country will be relieved of the communist regime. With their dictator policies, corruption and their incapability in economy, they are ruining my country. Except communist leader group, the majority of our Vietnamese population is suffering from poverty, misery oppression and illiteracy. I like to talk to my grandchildren and other young Vietnamese children who was born and raised in American about our country. I want to teach them to love their ancestor’s land. I want them to know that VN is a lovely country with its beautiful landscapes, its intelligent, industrious and peaceful people, its special customs and its 4000-year civilization. I want them to know about our many heroes and heroines who sacrificed their lives to protect our country against foreign aggressions four times. I want them to be proud of our history, and to know that communists is currently controlling our homeland, but numerous Vietnamese patriots, supported by the Free World, are struggling to free it from communists. I want to teach them that besides of being faithful to America, their second homeland that adopted them, they should not forget their Vietnamese roots. In order to become good American citizens and proud Vietnamese descendants, the first thing they would do is to study, to well behave. They should understand that we would be stereotyped if we do not do anything to help it and that we cannot achieve our goals without our effort and strong will.
Danha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May nam truoc Bo minh noi "phuc Ba Quy that, gan 70 tuoi ma con di hoc lai lay bang dai hoc ben My...". Me minh cung vay, khen Bac thich ung voi hoan canh ben nay, di hoc, tap the thao, lo cho cac con.... Bac la dien hinh cho cac ba me VN cua the he Bac. Hon the nua, Bac con lam guong cho the he chung minh. Du o hoan canh nao, thoi buoi nao cung vuot qua moi tro ngai ve ngon ngu, van hoa, nep song de vuon len. Thu hoi co duoc may nguoi nhu Bac? Minh van nho ngay xua thinh thoang Bac trai den nha choi, luc nao cung vui, cuoi.
BHa cho minh kinh tham Bac,

DHa,
bichhato47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: GUONG CUA ME BH Reply with quote

Cám ơn Đan Hà . Mẹ mình may mắn đã tốt nghiệp (bằng trung cấp AA thôi) nhưng vậy cũng là một gương sáng cho con cháu . Hiện nay thì đã xuống sức nhiều, nên không đi học nữa, chỉ làm vườn, ra vào dọn dẹp và nấu nướng, nhất là tập thể dục rất đều đặn . Lúc này mình cũng lấy cớ đưa cụ đi tập để tập theo, thấy ngươi dễ chịu nhiều .
Cũng xin kính thăm hai bác bên Đan Hà .

Last edited by bichhato47 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
vutruong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Me. Reply with quote

Bích Ha`thật may mắn, giờ này mà vẫn còn được Mẹ ôm ấp hàng ngày, mà bà Mẹ lại tuyệt vời nữa . Bác là bà Mẹ thế hệ xưa thật giỏi , vừa làu thông Anh Pháp, đậu Đại học cả VN lẫn Mỹ, làm Cô giáo mà còn chăm sóc , hướng dẫn đàn con 9 người thành đạt, hiếu đễ , chưa kể chăm lo, giúp chồng thành công nữa . Cuộc đời Bác cũng lên thác xuống ghềnh, đau khổ nhất la` Bác trai sa cơ mất sớm . Đàn con ngoan và được thành đạt nơi xứ Tự Do đã là niềm an ủi lớn nhất cho Bác .
BHà ơi, những gì không được may mắn trong đời , Trời đã đền bù cho Hà được hưởng bóng mát bên Mẹ gần suốt cuộc đời . Không mấy ai được diễm phúc ở mãi bên Mẹ và có niềm hãnh diện về Mẹ như vậy BHà ạ .
Thân yêu, VD.

Last edited by vutruong on Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
ngocbao

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khi liên lạc lại được với cô Minh ( mẹ BHà ) nghe cô kể lại chuyện cô đi học lại Đại học bên Mỹ ở tuổi 70 , mình thật khâm phục ghê lắm và hãnh diện có bà giáo vĩ đại . BHà có bà mẹ tuyệt vời .
NB
buombetty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: me Reply with quote

Bich Ha than men
Ban co nguoi me dang de sung suong va hanh dien .Bai tu thuat cua cu that la mot tai lieu dang giu .Minh de nghi B H hay thua voi cu neu co the cu viet bang tieng viet cho moi mot giai doan song tu que me den que chong ,khi thoat ly ra khoi vung que nguy hiem ,giai doan vao nam dung nghiep cho den khi vcl lai tran vao mien nam de gia dinh Ha cung nhu bao gia dinh phai bo que huong ,roi nhung kho khan cua cu ma cung chinh la nhung kho khan cu chung ta .tai lieu nay co the viet thanh mot tuyen tap chuyen qui gia .Khong biet la viet bay gio co la niem vui voi cu khong? me cua Ha that la gioi ,trong khi vao thoi diem ma da so cac cu ba chi thuong la te gia noi tro thoi . Hoac la Ha rang khai thac viet ra cho cac ban cung duoc doc sau do in thanh mot quyen chuyen de luu truyen .nhung dieu cu ghi lai co tinh tai lieu lich su cua thoi dai song cua chung t,B H nghi sao ?
than men
B B
bichhato47

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cám ơn Betty đã khích lệ. Mấy chị em mình cũng khuyến khích mẹ mình viết lại hồi ký mà cụ mải mê làm vườn, ngại viết qúa . Cụ hay kể chuyện ngày xưa cho mình nghe, chắc khi nào về hưu sẽ ngồi viết lại, hứa thì vậy, mà không biết có làm dược không?

Vũ Dung cũng thích bài viết của mẹ mình, nên vẽ tặng mẹ một bức tranh, để mình post lên share với các bạn:

Quote:
BHa` oi, đọc chuyện của Mẹ BHa` ta vẽ đàn chim với 9 con giống gia dinh` họ Tô cung` nhau bay về miền Đất hứa ! Gửi đến Em đấy ...
VD

Ho^t Thi Mi't

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Taping Reply with quote

Ha oi

Neu Bac thich ke chuyen xua thi Ha tape dduoc khong? Roi luc nao co thi gio, bo viet lai vay. Bac chang nhung lam guong cho the he minh ma ca cho con chau minh nua. Ba cu bay muoi ma con lay dduoc AA in English. Mit dduoc gap Bac nam ngoai, Bac hay con khoe manh va tinh than rat minh man. Cho minh gui loi kinh tham bac nhe.

Men

Mit
vutruong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minh` rất đồng ý với bác Mít và BBetty ... Thế hệ của Cha Mẹ chúng mình và chúng mình sống trong những giai đoạn lịch sử rất đặc biệt của nước VN như thời Pháp sang chiếm VN, thời CS, đấu tố địa chủ, thủ tiêu, di cư vĩ đại 1954, chiến tranh khốc liệt cho tới 1975, CS tràn vào miền Nam, cuộc vượt biên kinh hoàng đường thuỷ, đường bộ sau 75, lập nghiệp nơi những xứ sở xa lạ .. vv ..vv .... ( đời sống mỗi người VN là một câu chuyện hấp dẫn ? )
Tuy nước ta chiến tranh liên miên nhưng những thời kỳ trước không còn nhân chứng và không lắm biến đổi đặc biệt . Nếu chúng ta không cố gắng ghi lại cho con cháu thật uổng phí, không gì quý bằng những tài liệu của chính gia đình, người thân quen mình, đó là những món quà vô giá ... dù bằng những lời văn tầm thường !!!
Nếu cha mẹ , bà con già yếu ... thì những kỹ thuật hiện đại thâu băng, thâu hình ... lại còn hữu ích và giá trị hơn nữa .
Đời sống rất bận rộn, nhưng những chuyện hàng ngày rồi sẽ qua đi và chấm dứt !, còn lại chăng, chút tài liệu thực ( hay hư cấu dựa vào thực của thời đại ) .
Có lẽ mình kêu gọi hơi nhiều lần, thật lắm lời mà chẳng được hưởng ứng mấy , mắc cở quá à Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
Ho^t Thi Mi't

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Co tai hay khong Reply with quote

Dung oi, muon viet cung kho lam bac oi. To nghe bac keu goi hoai, ma tai khong co, thi gio cung khong, thi lam sao ma mua but long hay go computer dduoc. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Phung Mai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Viết văn Reply with quote

HSV ơi, thấy bạn kêu gọi hoài, mình biết chứ, rất cảm ơn hảo ý khuyến khích của bồ, nhưng thật sự phải có tài mới viết được dễ dàng bồ a. Tớ ngồi cắn bút cả ngày cũng khó viết lên được mấy hàng, đầu óc đặc chịt, toàn những chuyện linh tinh trong gia đình, xong việc, lại ngồi mơ mộng chuyện tiếu ngạo giang hồ, thật vô tích sự, phải không bồ.
Trời cho mỗi người một năng khiếu, tụi tớ có năng khiếu là độc giả, là khán giả trung thành để chiêm ngưõng tác phẩm của các bạn.
phuongkhanh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Chờ đợi! Reply with quote

Bích Hà ơi.Từ hôm BH đăng bài viết của bác,kèm theo lời hứa "sẽ phiên dịch ra Việt Ngữ",làm mình chờ dài cổ,nhưng mãi chả thấy,nên mình "đành "cố gắng đọc bản tiếng Mỹ vậy;tuy vốn anh văn là sinh ngữ l,nhưng sau 42 năm không dùng đến,nên mình chỉ hiểu lõm bõm bác viết gì?
Nhớ kể cho bác nghe là bạn bè của BH khâm phục bác ghê lắm,nhất là mình,một đứa làm biếng,không chịu cố gắng học hành gì cả. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
bichhato47

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Dịch ra tiếng Việt Reply with quote

Tớ quên mất, thôi để weekend này nhé . Xin lỗi bạn qúy nhé .
bich chau

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Lòng kính phục Reply with quote

Kính thưa Bác , BChâu đây ạ . Cháu muốn nói lên đây tất cả những kính mến và cảm phục đặc biệt đối với Bác . Bạn với BHà từ gần 50 năm, lúc gia đình còn ở Nguyễn Phi Khanh , Tân Định . Cháu chỉ còn nhớ nụ cười rất vui vẻ, cởi mở của Bác dù Bác có thể là cô giáo nghiêm ở trường học , và những câu thăm hỏi của Bác trai , dù là với cô bạn bé tí của con mình . Hai Bác yêu con, là thương cả những bạn của con mình . Và cũng như những bậc Cha Mẹ VN đáng kính ,tất cả mọi thương yêu đều thể hiện bằng những cố gắng, tận tuỵ, vun đắp cho tương lai đàn con.

Cháu rời VN từ đầu năm 79 , nên không biết những đau thương với cái chết trong tù cải tạo của bác trai . Bao nhiêu nước mắt, bao nhiêu đau khổ , mà Bác và BHà dã trải qua , và vượt qua , bằng lòng thương yêu , bằng sự quyết chí , dể dược ngày hôm nay . Từ một bà Mẹ VN xưa, giúp chồng nuôi con , Bác trở thành một bà mẹ VN tân tiến , khắc phục tất cả những khó khăn ở nước người ,dể tự đối phó với hoàn cảnh .

" Đường đi khó, không khó vì ngăn sông cách núi ...." , Bác đã giậy học trò , và bác dã áp dụng , đã phấn đấu dể nêu gương sáng cho thế hệ con cháu.

Cháu xin kính chúc Bác dược dồi dào sức khoẻ và mọi điều tốt đẹp, như ý .

BChâu
bichhato47

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Lược dịch Reply with quote

Để tạ tội với bác PK, và các bạn , hôm nay DG tôi ráng lược dịch bài tự thuật của mẹ nhé . Văn mẹ thì đôi khi dịch từ tiếng Việt và Pháp sang tiếng Anh, văn con thì là tiếng Việt thẳng đuỗn như lưng anh DG nên các bạn thông cảm nhé .

GIỚI THIỆU:

Mẹ tôi như nhiều phụ nữ Việt Nam lớn tuổi khác, là một di dân mới tại Mỹ Quốc. Mười bẩy năm trước, với ước mong con cái sẽ có một tương lai tốt đẹp hơn, bà đã phải rời bỏ quê hương yêu dấu và quyến thuộc, và đã phải đương đầu với những thay đổi qúa lớn trong nếp sinh hoạt. Nhận thực rằng việc trở lại Việt Nam là một chuyện không thể chấp nhận được, bà đã cố gắng để tự hòa nhập tối đa với hoàn cảnh và nếp sống mới. Hiện nay, bà thật sự lạc quan với cuộc sống ở nước Mỹ, sau bao năm vật lộn với sự khác biệt văn hóa và ngôn ngữ. Dưới đây là bản tự thuật của mẹ tôi viết trong lớp Anh ngữ năm 1997.

Nền Tảng Gia Đình:

Trước tháng Tư năm 1975, giống nhu đa số các người di dân gốc Đông Nam Á, tôi không bao giờ có ý nghĩ rời bỏ đất mẹ để sống ở nước ngoài. Tuy nhiên, sau khi Saigon sụp đổ năm 1975, những thay đổi quan trọng trên toàn miền Nam Việt Nam đã ảnh huởng rất lớn đến hoàn cảnh gia đình tôi. Sư thay đổi đã sô đẩy tôi cùng các con rời bỏ Việt Nam, để chạy trốn chế độ Cộng Sản, chế độ đã làm chúng tôi thật điêu đứng. Hơn nữa, nước Mỹ cũng là miền đất hứa của tự do, của cuộc sống tuơi đẹp hơn, và là nơi chúng tôi có thể đoàn tụ với ba đứa con nữa, đã sang đây từ trước năm 1975.

Tôi sinh năm 1924, tại tỉnh Thái Bình, miền bắc Việt Nam. Tôi là con trưởng trong một gia đình có 5 con, và là mẹ của 9 đứa con. Thời mẹ tôi còn trẻ, con gái thường không được cho đi học. May nhờ ông ngoại tôi là thày giáo, mẹ tôi cũng được ông cụ dẫn đến trường học đọc và viết. Ba mẹ tôi cho rằng việc học rất quan trọng, và may mắn là ba tôi cũng là thầy giáo nên chúng tôi được miễn học phí, tương đối khá cao so với mức lương của công chức thời ấy. Do đó, hai em gái tôi và tôi đều được vào học trường nữ trung học Đồng Khánh ở Hà Nội. Mỗi năm, thường chỉ có độ 15-16 nữ học sinh tốt nghiệp trường này. Sau khi tốt nghiệp trung học đệ nhất cấp, tôi đậu kỳ thi tuyển vào hai trường, Nữ Hộ Sinh và Sư Phạm Trung Cấp. Tôi thích học ngành giáo dục hơn nên quyết định vào học trường Sư Phạm, với 5 nữ sinh khác và hơn 20 nam sinh. Cũng ở đây, tôi đã gặp chồng tôi và nhận thấy chúng tôi có rất nhiều điểm tương đồng. Sau khi tôi tốt nghiệp, chúng tôi thành hôn. Tôi về dạy tại truòng nữ tiểu học ở thị xã Thái Bình, quê hương của chúng tôi. Nhà tôi trước kia làm ở tòa án Hải Phòng cũng được thuyên chuyển về làm tại tòa án thị xã. Vào lúc đó, đất nước chúng ta đang chiến đấu chống Pháp dưới sự lãnh đạo của Việt Minh. Tôi sinh đứa con gái lớn vào năm 1947, rồi năm 1949, đứa thứ hai chào đờì. Thờì buổi rất là khó khăn, cuộc chiến tranh Pháp Việt lan tràn khắp tỉnh. Chính quyền Việt Minh hạ lệnh cho dân Thái Bình tiêu hủy tất cả nhà cửa trong tỉnh lỵ trước khi tản cư về làng mạc. Chúng tôi tản cư về làng Thượng Tầm, nơi chôn rau cắt rốn của chồng tôi. Đời sống ở đó còn khó khăn hơn. Chồng tôi phải theo sở làm việc ở một làng khá xa nơi chúng tôi ở sáng đi tối về bằng xe đạp. Tôi vừa làm hiệu trưởng vừa dạy ở trường làng. Điều kiện sống thấp, không điện, không nước máy, phương tiện di chuyển thô sơ. Nuôi hai đứa con gái nhỏ thật là khó khăn. Sữa không đủ cho con bú, tôi phải cho chúng uống nước cháo đường hoặc ăn cơm nhão. Ngoài ra, dân chúng phải chịu đựng hoàn cảnh kẹt giữa hai lằn đạn trong một thời gian dài. Tôi hãy còn nhớ như in truóc mắt những kinh nghiệm đau thương ấy. Ban ngày, chúng tôi phải tránh những trận càn của giặc Pháp. Những trận càn này gây bao cảnh bi thương trong làng. Nhà cửa bị đốt cháy, đàn ông bị đánh đập, giết chóc, đàn bà bị hãm hiếp, gia súc bị bắt, và hoa màu hư hại. Đến đêm, du kích trở về thúc đẩy chúng tôi chiến đấu chống Pháp. Mọi ngườì đều có nhiệm vụ riêng. Đàn bà nấu nướng, trẻ con cũng phải góp sức. Đàn ông thì làm các việc nặng nhọc như đào hào, đào đuòng hầm để du kích đi, dấu vũ khí, hoặc chất nổ, ... Ruộng vườn bỏ hoang, trẻ em và ngườì già không ngườì chăm sóc. Hơn nữa gia đình tôi còn phải chống đỡ những khó khăn riêng. Đa số dân làng là những nông dân chất phác nhưng đa số thất học. Họ rất tử tế và chân thật nhưng rất ngây thơ và hẹp hòi, dễ bị ảnh hưởng của bọn cán bộ Cộng Sản. Gia đình tôi bị kỳ thị vì có học và được thừa hưởng độ một chục mẫu ruộng của ông nội các cháu. Chúng tôi bị liệt vào giai cấp địa chủ bóc lột, giai cấp mà Cộng Sản thù hận nhất, vì có cho một số dân làng cấy rẽ. Cộng Sản nói rằng, "ruộng đất" là của nhân dân (nhà nước), tức là không ai được quyền sở hữu đất đai. Các tá điền được hứa là sẽ được sở hữu một số ruộng sau khi CS tước đoạt ruộng đất của chúng tôi. Bị khích động bởi các cán bộ CS, tá đìền thay đổi thái độ vói gia đình tôi, một số còn tham dự Toà Án Nhân Dân. Toà án này bao gồm tất cả các cư dân trong làng và Chánh Thẩm Nhân Dân là cán bộ Cộng Sản. Một số nguyên cáo, thường được lựa chọn trong số những ngườì tá điền nghèo nhất, sẽ đứng ra tố cáo những tội ác của địa chủ, bị cáo. Sau đó sẽ buộc tội họ là bóc lột, và độc ác ức hiếp nguòi nghèo. Các Thẩm Phán Nhân Dân, thường đã được mớm ý, sẽ tuyên án các bị can. Thật là khủng khiếp, không ai có thể biết được số phần các bị cáo trong loại tòa án này. Không ít người đã bị xử một cách hồ đồ và hành hạ đến chết. Bị ép buộc đi dự các phiên tòa này, chúng tôi sống trong nỗi kinh hoàng triền mien, khắc khoải là lúc nào sẽ đến lượt mình đóng vai bị cáo đây. Có rất nhiều người thông cảm và không đồng ý vói cán bộ, nhưng sợ cho chính họ, họ không dám công khai bênh vực chúng tôi. Chúng tôi không còn cách nào khác hơn là tìm cách chạy trốn hoàn cảnh nguy hiểm này. Một ngày cuối tháng Chạp năm 1949, giả vờ là đi chạy Pháp càn, chúng tôi tản cư về Vi Dương, một vùng biển gần Thượng Tầm, và không bao giờ trở lại nữa. Chúng tôi đi thuyền đánh cá để về Hải Phòng, rồi đáp xe đò về Hà Nội. Lúc ấy, Hà Nội và Hải Phòng ở dưới sự kiểm soát của Quân Đội Quốc Gia, dưới quyền lãnh đạo của cựu hoàng Bảo Đại, và sự bảo hộ của quân đội Pháp.

Về Hà Nội, chúng tôi trở lại công việc cũ, tôi lại dạy tại trường tiểu học và nhà tôi làm ở Tòa Án Hà Nội. Cuộc sống của chúng tôi tương đối an ổn cho tới khi quân Pháp thất thủ ở Điện Biên Phủ, kế tiếp là Hiệp Định Geneve, ký kết vào tháng 7 năm 1954. Hiệp định đình chiến này đánh dấu sự chấm dứt 8 năm chiến tranh và chế độ Pháp thuộc ở vùng Đông Dương. Hiệp định này cũng phân chia nước Việt Nam thành hai khu quân sự, hai bên bờ vĩ tuyến 17. Miền Bắc vĩ tuyến thuộc về Cộng Sản, Miền Nam thuộc Chính Quyền Quốc Gia. Dân chúng đưọc chuẩn bị trong 300 ngày để di cư. Gia đình tôi ở trong số hàng triệu người Bắc di cư vào miền Nam. Chúng tôi sống ở Saigon, thủ đô miền Nam Việt Nam. Tôi dạy học tại trường Đỗ Hữu Phương, nhà tôi làm Thơ Ký Riêng cho ông Bộ Trưởng bộ Tư Pháp. Ông về hưu năm 1966, và mở một hãng sản xuất đồ mộc nhỏ. Tôi vẫn đi dạy học và trông nom việc giáo dục con cái. Tôi cũng giúp ông chút ít trong mua bán vật liệu và sổ sách, lương bổng cho thợ thuyền. Công việc làm ăn của chúng tôi tiến triển khá tốt, giúp chúng tôi đủ khả năng để nuôi dạy 9 đứa con. Nhờ đó, chúng tôi đã gửi được hai đứa con sang đại học Tennessee ở Mỹ để du học. Chúng tôi cũng dự định sẽ cho đứa thứ ba theo hai chị vào tháng 9 năm 1975. Nguyện vọng của chúng tôi là chúng được đào tạo một nền giáo dục tốt, và khi tốt nghiệp sẽ trở về để phục vụ đất nước. Chúng tôi không hề nghĩ đến việc chúng sẽ ở lại nước Mỹ. Nhưng đầu năm 1975, quân Bắc Việt bắt đầu tổng tấn công miền Nam. Cuối cùng, quân đội miền Nam tan rã, dẫn đến sự sụp đồ của Saigon và chính quyền Việt Nam Cộng Hòa. Vào tháng Tư 1975, quân Bắc Việt vào Saigon và nắm chính quyền.

Kinh hoàng với viễn ảnh sống chung với Cộng Sản, hàng chục ngàn ngườì Việt miền Nam đã rờì bỏ quê hương và tị nạn ở Mỹ hoặc các quốc gia khác. Những người còn lại phải chịu đựng sự trả thù trong những trại cải tạo tập trung, hay sống một cuộc sống nghèo đói dưới ách thống trị của Cộng Sản. Chúng tôi may mắn đã gửi được cháu trai duy nhất đi với một gia Mỹ-Việt trước khi Việt Cộng chiếm Saigon.

Liên lạc với các con tôi ở Mỹ thình lình bị gián đoạn; mọi vốn liếng của chúng tôi đều bị kẹt vào các mối hàng đã giao. Mặc dù đã trải qua những kinh nghiệm đau thương dưới thời Cộng Sản, nhưng sợ rằng không thể sống còn ở một xứ sở xa lạ, chúng tôi vẫn đành quyết định ở lại VN với đầy lo âu. Hơn nữa thật rất khó khăn và đau sót khi nghĩ đến phải rờì bỏ đất mẹ, nơi chúng tôi đã sinh ra và lớn lên trong bao năm trường. Cũng thật đau lòng khi phải rờì bỏ mồ mả tổ tiên, anh em họ hàng, và gia sản của chúng tôi, kết qủa của bao năm cần cù xây dựng. Sau này, chúng tôi mới biết là đã có một quyết định thật sai lầm.

Ngay lập tức, Cộng Sản miền Bắc thiết lập chế độ độc tài trên vùng đất mới chiếm cứ. Dân miền Nam không lâu sau đã mất tất cả mọi quyền tự do căn bản. Không còn tự do ăn nói hay di chuyển. Sự mất mát quyền tự do căn bản ảnh hưởng sâu đậm lên dân miền Nam. Không còn gì có thể giữ riêng tư cho cuộc sống cá nhân. Với mục đích cũng cố quyền lực của họ, chính quyền CS giữ độc quyền mọi nhu yếu phẩm như gạo, thực phẩm, nhà cửa, thuốc men, đồ trang trí nội thất, xăng dầu, vv...

Hàng ngàn cơ sở kinh doanh tư nhân như: hãng sản xuất, hãng thí nghiệm, cửa hàng, trường học, bệnh viện, cửa hàng dược phẩm, đều bị tịch thu. Chủ nhân bị kết tội và bị đưa đi “Miền Kinh Tế Mới” ở những nơi xa xôi hẻo lánh.

Các công chức cao cấp và Sĩ quan trong chính quyền miền Nam đều bị đưa vào các trại tập trung cải tạo với các điều kiện sống rất khắc nghiệt: xa gia đình thân yêu; làm lao động nặng trong các đồn điền, ruộng đồng, rừng sâu nước độc; không đủ thực phẩm, thuốc men; kỹ luật rất khe khắt và tàn ác, làm mất phẩm giá của con người …

Các tù nhân phải dựa vào đồ thăm nuôi của gia đình để có thể sống sót. Nhiều người đã chết dần mòn, lặng lẽ, cô đơn trong đó, không được gặp người thân lần chót.

Gia đình họ cũng không được yên; nhà cửa bị tịch thu, bị đưa đi miền kinh tế mới để canh tác, khai hoang những vùng đất hoang vu hay rừng sâu nước độc để làm đồn điền. Con cái họ không được vào học đại học hay làm việc trong cơ quan chính quyền.

BỊ KỲ THỊ

Tất cả mọi người miền Nam đều phải tự khai lý lịch (một hình thức như bản tóm tắt cuộc đời của chính mình) với đầy đủ chi tiết về cả ông bà, cha mẹ. Căn cứ vào đó, họ được xếp vào các tầng lớp (giai cấp) xã hội. Các người bị xếp vào loại bóc lột như điền chủ hoặc Tư Sản Mại Bản phải đi về Vùng Kinh Tế Mới, tài sản bị tịch thu.

Nhà tôi là chủ nhân cửa hàng trang trí đồ mộc, tôi là phó hiệu trưởng trường học, nên gia đình tôi bị xếp vào loại Tư Sản và cựu công chức ngụy. Chúng tôi không bị ép buộc đi Vùng Kinh Tế mới, nhưng chính quyền địa phương dòm ngó tài sản của chúng tôi, nên họ tìm mọi cách để chiếm đoạt. Để phòng ngừa sự chống đối của nhà tôi, họ bắt ông về tội liên lạc với phản động. Chồng tôi không hề được ra tòa, nhưng bị gửi đến trại cải tạo Xuyên Mộc, nằm trong một khu rừng già, cách Saigon 8 tiếng lái xe. Ông đã trải qua một cuộc sống cực khổ: lao động nặng, thiếu dinh dưỡng, thuốc men, cô độc, xa cách gia đình. Áp huyết của ông tăng vọt, sức khỏe suy giảm rất nhanh chóng. Mỗi ba tháng, tôi được gặp ông, cung cấp quần áo, thực phẩm, gạo, thuốc men, nhưng cũng không thể đủ với nhu cầu vì chỉ được đem tối thiểu theo quy định của trại. Mỗi lần thăm chỉ trong vòng 15 phút, dưới ánh mắt nghi ngờ của cán bộ quản giáo đứng ngay sát bên cạnh. Chúng tôi không hề được nói những câu chuyện riêng tư. Sau đó, ngày mồng Một tháng Ba, 1983, ông qua đời vì bị xuất huyết não, sau gần 4 năm bị cầm tù. Vì ông là tù chính trị, với cái lý lịch xấu này, các con tôi không được làm những công việc phù hợp với ngành nghề sau khi tốt nghiệp đại học. Chúng phải làm những công việc với đồng lương thấp kém để mưu sinh.

Những chính sách bất công, mất nhân bản của chính quyền Cộng Sản, cùng với khả năng kinh doanh thấp kém, và sự tham nhũng trầm trọng đã đưa nền kinh tế đất nước bị sa sút tột cùng trong 10 năm đầu. Đa số dân chúng nghèo khổ, đói kém, tàn tật, và thất nghiệp. Nhiều trẻ em, kể từ 5-6 tuổi, cũng phải hoài phí tuổi xuân để phụ giúp bố mẹ trong việc kiếm sống, thay vì đươc cắp sách đến trường.

Sự khốn khó đã đẩy những làn sóng người Việt khổng lồ tìm đường ra đi, lìa bỏ đất mẹ để tìm tự do và một cuộc sống khá hơn. Đa số vượt biển bằng thuyền, số ít hơn vượt biên giới Cam-Bốt để sang Thái Lan. Những cách vượt biên này thật là bấp bênh và nguy hiểm. Hàng ngàn người đã bỏ mình trong biển rộng, rừng sâu. Nhiều người bị cướp biển cướp bóc, hãm hiếp, và giết hại.

Sau này, các chương trình ODP và HO đã giúp đỡ một số người Việt di dân sang Mỹ. Gia đình tôi gồm 7 mẹ con được nhận vào Mỹ với diện ODP, để đoàn tụ với ba đứa con đã sang từ trước 30 tháng Tư, do con gái thứ hai của tôi bảo lãnh cho tôi và 6 chị em gái. Ra đi theo diện ODP không phải đơn giản. Vô số những thủ tục phải làm trước khi được chấp thuận. Chúng tôi đã mất 13 năm trường để hoàn tất thủ tục. Chúng tôi rời VN vào ngày 29 tháng Tư năm 1991, và hạ cánh ở phi trường quốc tế San Francisco ngày 7 tháng Năm với hai bàn tay trắng.

Last edited by bichhato47 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trưng Vương (58-65) Diễn Đàn Forum Index -> Bài Viết All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: